Voting

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cashew Chicken

This recipe came from my mother-in-law, who got it from my sister-in-law, who got it from her sister-in-law....LOL Isn't it amazing how quickly the good recipes can travel? I love it! Anyways, this was e-mailed to me a while back and I made it for dinner a couple of weeks ago. It was a HUGE hit. As an added bonus, as long as I buy gluten free soy sauce, it fits into my new eating habits just fine. These days, it just doesn't get much better than that! :-D

¾ cup Orange Juice

1/3 cup Honey

¼ cup Soy Sauce

1 tsp. Garlic Powder

½ tsp. Pepper

4 boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

1 1/2 Tbs. Olive Oil

1 Tbs. Corn Starch

1 cup Cashews

4 green onion

1 lg, carrot sliced

1 celery stalk, sliced

Combine and set aside the OJ, Honey, Soy Sauce, Corn Starch, Garlic Powder, Pepper. In a large pan sauté the chicken. In a separate pan cook olive oil, green onions, carrot, and celery until softened. Add veggies, sauce, cashews to chicken and heat through.

After sauteing the chicken, I remove it from the pan and cut into bite size pieces. I then add the carrot, celery, and green onion to the same pan as the chicken. I basically turn it into a one pot meal. I guess I'm just lazy like that. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have give you blog award :-)
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!!!! i love recipe blogs they always help inspire me :0)

    Happy monday!!!

    xoxoxo
    LO

    ReplyDelete