Voting

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets

Wow! I can't believe I've neglected this blog for so long! I've been dabbling in gluten free cooking over the past few months since my diagnosis of gluten intolerance. One of the foods I have missed the most is chicken nuggets....and I had especially been craving chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A.

I should warn you now that I am notorious for not measuring when I cook (especially main dishes). Hopefully this recipe will turn out as yummy for you as it did for me. We've made it a couple of times now and it's become a family favorite. My daughter even made it one night for her and hubby while I was out of town (she's gluten intolerant too). They poured homemade sweet and sour sauce over them and served over steamed rice. Yum!!! I'll share the sweet & sour sauce recipe another day soon. Probably next week since we'll be camping this weekend and enjoying the last bit of summer. :)

If you don't need these to be gluten free, simply use regular flour instead of gluten free flour.

equal amounts of gluten free flour blend & cornmeal (approx. 1 cup of each)
Spices (I used Mrs. Dash, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder)
2 eggs beaten and thinned out with about 1/4 cup of milk
1 1/2 - 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces

Blend gluten free flour, cornmeal, and spices together. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then in the flour & spice mixture. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment