Voting

Monday, April 25, 2011

Gluten Free Coconut Cake w/Buttercream Frosting

Rather than typing out the recipe today, I am being lazy and only sharing a link. I made this cake for Easter and it was fabulous. It has a wonderful flavor and fabulous texture. It reminds me of a cross between a normal cake and a pound cake with it's density. The only thing I would recommend changing is the frosting. For some reason the frosting recipe calls for 2 1/2 cups of shortening. I'm thinking it must be a typo but haven't found a correction for it yet. While the frosting was the right consistency, it was simply too greasy for me. So please, give the recipe a try and let me know what you do with the frosting and how it turns out for you.

Gluten Free Coconut Cake w/Buttercream Frosting

Photobucket

Not the prettiest picture, I guess I should've made that cut a little more neatly. LOL But it was definitely yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment