Someone posted this recipe in the crockpot lovers group over on Ravelry, and let me tell you, it is the best! It will cure a chocolate craving real quick. The recipe wasn't originally gluten free, but thanks to the flour blend hubby makes up for me, not a problem!
1 cup gluten free flour blend
2 TB baking powder
6 TB butter
2 oz. semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips
1 cup sugar, divided
3 TB cocoa powder plus 1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 TB vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups hot water
1. Coat inside of a 2 1/2 quart to 5 quart crockpot with cooking spray. (The cake's appearance and cooking time with vary with the size of your crockpot)
2. Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a medium size bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water and mix well.
4. Whisk in 2/3 cup of sugar, 3 TB of cocoa, vanilla, salt, milk, and egg yolk.
5. Add flour mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
6. Pour batter into the crockpot and spread evenly.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining sugar (1/3 cup white and 1/3 cup brown), cocoa (1/3 cup), and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
8. Pour mixture over the batter in the crockpot.
9. Cover and cook on high for 1 1/4 - 2 1/4 hours, depending on the size of the crockpot.
10. Even when done, the cake will be very moist and floating on a layer of molten chocolate, but you will know when it is ready when nearly all of the cake is set and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the crockpot.
11. As you check the cake's progress, try not to let the condensed steam from the lid drip on the cake. When it is done, turn off the power and remove the lid.
12. Let cool for 25 minutes, then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.