Voting

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

I thought a pumpkin pie recipe would be appropriate to share as we head into Thanksgiving. I confess I never was a fan of pumpkin pie until I gave this recipe a try. For some reason it has just the right texture and flavor and was love at first bite.

I have shared this recipe previously on this post. You'll also find a few other pumpkin recipes on that post. Another fave in our house for Thanksgiving pies is this one that I shared previously as well. I hope everyone has a very blessed and safe Thanksgiving!

2 eggs
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup whole milk

Beat eggs and add pumpkin. Stir well to combine. Combine sugars, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir spice mixture into pumpkin. Stir in milk until well blended. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 45-55 minutes or until the edge of the pie and the crust is turning light brown.

1 comment:

  1. We have discovered the absolutely best pies are made from the small pie pumpkins. It isn't hard at all. You cut the pumpkin up in quarters, scrape the seeds and strings out and remove the stump. Then you can either steam it in a large pot, or just microwave it in batches with water in th bowl covered in plastic wrap. We use that method when we are having a warm november. Then you scrape the pumpkin out from the shell and purée. I usually do this a day or two before I make the pie. My kids can taste a huge difference now that I have been doing this for 3 years. It is a bit runnier than canned pumpkin though. It is so worth it

    ReplyDelete