Voting

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Banana Bread

We are back from Christmas vacation and attempting to get back into the swing of things. I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I am way excited about the goodies Santa brought me for the kitchen...cotton dish towels, restaurant quality muffin tins with plastic covers, and a stainless steel 9x13 pan. Normally I don't get too excited about new stuff for the kitchen but I have wanted these items for so long to replace items that were either worn out or had been broken. There's something to be said about having stainless steel and restaurant quality aluminum in the kitchen as opposed to glass and stoneware - especially if you have kids! LOL :)

Today's recipe is one that my mother-in-law Beth gave me many years ago. It is a little different with having butterscotch bits and cherries in it but oh so yummy. It is a family favorite around here and the kids beg me to make it. My DH does not like cherries, so I usually divide the batter and make half with and half without. So here you go Christi, a great way to use up those bananas!

1/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs well beaten
3 Tablespoons sour milk (buttermilk for those of you not from the South)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
3 mashed bananas
1 cup nuts
1 10 oz. jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
6 oz. butterscotch chips

Cream together butter and sugar. Add all other ingredients, mix well. Pour batter into loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done. Makes one large loaf or two small loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment