Voting

Friday, December 18, 2009

Coconut Cookies

Here's another cookie recipe for you. :) I am going to be making these for the goody plates that we hand out to our neighbors for Christmas. These are my mom's favorite cookie and I grew up eating these. My grandmother gave me the recipe and she has been making them for many many years. I hope y'all enjoy them as much as our family does.

1 cup shortening
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tsp. grated lemon rind (my grandmother used the rind from the whole lemon...just the yellow part mind you. the white part is quite bitter)
4 cups flour (sift before measuring)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sour cream
1 cup moist flake coconut

Dough should be chilled overnight.

Preheat oven to 375. Drop by teaspoons (or cookie scoop) onto baking sheet. Dip glass in sugar and quickly flatten the dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes. These can also be rolled out and cut into shapes just like sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment