Voting

Monday, January 18, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

This recipe is one of our family favorites that we can never seem to get enough of. :) I think the crust may be to make individual size pizzas but I'm not really sure. What I usually do is I triple the crust recipe and then roll it out to make two med/large thin crust pizzas. I also like to add a bit of provolone to the pizzas even though the recipe only calls for Mozzarella and Gouda. Of course we are also cheese addicts at our house! LOL

The Crust:

1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon warm water
3/4 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil

Toppings:

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (I like to use leftover grilled chicken)
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated smoked gouda
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (you can use white or yellow onions but it has better flavor with red onions)
2 teaspoons fresh chopped cilantro ( I never add this)

Mix dough ingredients and set to rise. Once risen, punch down and roll out thin and place on greased pizza pan.

Use olive oil to cook chicken and then layer in the following order...sauce, both cheeses, chicken, onion, more mozzarella, cilantro. Bake until crust is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Oh, my notes don't have a temperature on them, I think I bake it at 400 degrees. Obviously I take after my grandmother's style of cooking. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Jen -- this is another recipe that I gave you. It is a copy cat recipe for California Pizza Kitchen's Original BBQ chicken pizza. To fix a few things, the dough is for their size pizzas if you have ever eaten in the restaurant it is about a small/medium size or 10 inch crust. It should be cut into 8 pieces when served. Next, the recipe calls for marinated BBQ chicken so you should cut your chicken up and put it in BBQ sauce in the fridge for about 2 hours and then fry it in the pan. It makes a huge difference in the taste of the chicken. Finally the original pizza recipe did not come with a temp. on it, but we like our crust crispy so we noramally cook it at 425 for about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise for the clarification! This is yet another one of those recipes that I just throw together and it turns out great everytime and it gets gobbled up by my family! We had some leftover smoked turkey last week and used it instead of chicken and oh boy was it delish!

    ReplyDelete