Voting

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

I realize that the holidays are over but I thought that for those of you who still have an extra turkey or two in the freezer (like I do) that this recipe would come in handy. Even though I love cranberry sauce and have cooked many Thanksgiving dinners over the years, I had never until this year made homemade cranberry sauce. Shocking huh? We started participating in Bountiful Baskets and I ended up with a bag of fresh cranberries that I had no idea what to do with. So I went to the trusty allrecipes site and found this simple recipe. Let me warn you now that it is so yummy that it'll spoil you for the canned stuff. When we were eating leftovers the next day, I had to stop Alex from taking a spoon and eating the leftover cranberry sauce by itself! LOL

1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 (12 oz.) package fresh cranberries

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries, and cook until they start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment