Voting

Friday, January 8, 2010

Denise's Cheeseball

I remember watching Denise make this cheeseball many times for the holidays, not only when we were growing up, but after we had families of our own. I finally asked her for the recipe and now we make it for the holidays, game nights, and sometimes just because. :)

16 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. velveeta
very finely chopped green onion
1-2 teaspoons mustard
Bon Appetit Spice
Pecans or walnuts, finely chopped

Mix cream cheese and velveeta until well blended. Add mustard and the Bon Appetit spice and green onion. Shape into a ball and roll in the chopped nuts.

Denise, you can correct me if I left anything out. :) I've made a couple of changes to it over the years that my family likes. I can't find Bon Appetit spice, so I use Mrs. Dash instead. Rather than regular yellow mustard I like to use stone ground mustard. My family prefers it without the nuts so we simply scoop it into a dip bowl. Also, if you are a fan of seafood, one of our favorite things to add to it is shredded imitation crab. I usually have to make one batch with crab and one without and either way it gets gobbled up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment